Bankers build their careers on trust, or so everyone thinks, till a series of murders threaten to destroy the reputation that the Greater Boston Global Bank (GB2) has built over the years. Who is behind these killings, and what is their motive? When Karan Panjabi, press reporter and ex-banker, digs deeper, he realizes that he has stumbled upon a global conspiracy with far reaching ramifications—a secret that could not only destroy the bank but also cast a shadow on the entire nation. With only thirty-six hours at his disposal, he must fight the clock and trust no one if he is to stay alive and uncover the truth.
Selling Points :
• With many elements of a modern thriller—whodunit, a global conspiracy and a swashbuckling protagonist—The Bankster is a gripping read. • Ravi Subramanian is also the author of If God Was a Banker, Devil in Pinstripes, The Incredible Banker and I Bought the Monk’s Ferrari—which are amongst the biggest-selling novels of recent times. • The financial crisis of 2008 has renewed interest in how modern banks function. This book addresses that fascination, and reveals the intricacies of modern-day banking in a highly entertaining manner. • As with his previous novels, Ravi Subramanian writes in a simple and engaging style that makes this hugely-anticipated novel accessible to a wide range of readers.
About the Author :
Ravi Subramanian, an alumnus of IIM Bangalore, has spent two decades working his way up the ladder of power in the amazingly exciting and adrenaline-pumping world of global banks in India. It is but natural that his stories are set against the backdrop of the financial services industry. He lives in Mumbai with his wife Dharini and daughter Anusha. In 2008, he won the Golden Quill Readers Choice award for his debut novel, If God was a Banker.
The Devious Truths of Retail Banking
By Chirag Jain,
Being someone who is about to start his career as a Retail Banker, and an avid reader, I couldn't help but to order Bankster.
And it turned out to be one of the best fictions I've read by an Indian author. Excellent storyline weaved around the treachery and politics of corporate world, and specifically of Retail Banking. The book kept me engaged for 6 hours, and I couldn't put it down. It ended up as the first book which I started late in the night. And by the time I finished it, it was already 6 am in the morning.
Can't wait to lay my hands on Incredible Banker and If God was a Banker.
Even if you are in finance domain, this book is a must read for it's sheer power of keeping you engaged start to end. A reading delight for those who love reading.
By Srinivasan Subramanian,
A great book...Very intriguing and I couldn't just keep the book away once i started reading....Nicely written piece of Investigative journal and glad that i bought it....Thanks to Infibeam....You rock....
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.