About the Book :
Masih, a farmer, is indentured to landowner Mohammed Hakim. Forced by exploitation and utter poverty, Masih contracts his seven-year-old son Patrus to serve a six-year apprenticeship in a carpet factory. A different form of bondage, though just as vicious, plagues Mohammed’s family. Chamak, his niece, is abducted and forced into sexual slavery. She succeeds in escaping, but is forever imprisoned by the absurd codes of shame and purity that society imposes on her.
A sensitive portrayal of human suffering and the ultimate triumph of the human spirit, Bonded is a compelling read.
Selling points :
• Beautifully captures the life of the ‘bonded’ and weaves a gripping and touching tale around it.
• Set in Pakistan, this sensitive book offers a rare window into the lives of people forced into labour.
• Explores several social and moral issues while delving into the world of human relationships and bonds.
• Deeply moving, the book features many well etched characters.
About the Author :
Harold M. Bergsma earned a PhD from Michigan State University in International Development Education. He retired as Emeritus Professor of Education from New Mexico State University. His novel, One Way to Pakistan, won the Indie Excellence Award for Multicultural Fiction in 2007. He spent the early years of his life in India and Pakistan and currently lives with his wife, Lily Chu, in San Diego Bay.
|Author:||Harold M Bergsma|
|No. of Pages:||295|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping