The increase of computer based technologies within newsrooms has the effect of both reducing costs and increasing revenue and the introduction or CAR techniques provides innovative ways to expand publications. Without doubt, support systems are the key topics for current and future research efforts aimed at maximizing the management of information resources induced electronic journalism as a new trend in the news services that have recently been boosted by internet diffusion. This is what this book discusses in detail.
About the Author
Rajiv Saxena is professor of Journalism in the Department of Radio-TV-Film in the College of Communication, in a renowned University. He received his Ph.D., from the University of Texas. Support for his researches in Journalism was provided by a University Research Institute grant. Numerous paper were presented to the Political Communication Division, International Communication Association, Miami, and many other Universities.
Table of Contents
- Journalism in Computer World
- Computers in News Gathering and Processing
- Computers in the Newsroom
- Portable Computer: Assisted Reporting
- The Internet
- Technology and the Newsroom
- Online and CD-ROM Databases
- Editing: The Changing
- From On-air to Online World
- Content Analysis to the World Wide Web.