|Publisher:||Hodder & Stoughton|
|Paperback 2013||R 831||In Stock.|
|Paperback 2013||R 895||In Stock.|
About the Book :
Usually, this is where we'd tell you what this book is about. But with Chris Cleave, it's a bit different. Because if you've read The Other Hand or Incendiary, you'll know that what his books are about is only part of the story - what really matters is how they make you feel. Gold is about the limits of human endurance, both physical and emotional. It will make you cry. Gold is about what drives us to succeed - and what we choose to sacrifice for success. It will make you feel glad to be alive. Gold is about the struggles we all face every day; the conflict between winning on others' terms, and triumphing on your own. It will make you count your blessings. Gold is a story told as only Chris Cleave could tell it. And once you begin, it will be a heart-pounding race to the finish.
Selling Points :
• The extraordinary new novel from the author of international bestseller The Other Hand.
• The Other Hand was a huge international bestseller (over 690,000 copies of the UK edition), and this is just as moving and beautifully written.
• Accessible, highly readable literary fiction.
• The Other Hand was Costa-shortlisted; Incendiary won the Somerset Maugham; and both books were shortlisted for a Commonwealth Writers Prize.
• Chris Cleaves last book attracted comparisons to reading group classics like The Kite Runner.
• Author has a large and vocal fan-base, and sales of The Other Hand seemed to be propelled partly by strong word of mouth effect.
|Title:||Gold||Publisher:||Hodder & Stoughton|