How you can increase and sustain organic revenue and profit growth . . . whether you're running an entire company or in your first management job.
Over the past seven years, Procter & Gamble has tripled profits; significantly improved organic revenue growth, cash flow, and operating margins; and averaged earnings per share growth of 12 percent. How? A. G. Lafley and his leadership team have integrated innovation into everything P&G does and created new customers and new markets.
Through eye-opening stories A. G. Lafley and Ram Charan show how P&G and companies such as Honeywell, Nokia, LEGO, GE, HP, and DuPont have become game-changers. Their inspiring lessons can help you learn how to:
- Make consumers and customers the boss, not the CEO or the management team
- Innovate to grow a mature business
- Develop higher growth, higher margin businesses
- Create new customers and new markets
- Revitalize a business model
- Reach outside your own business and tap into the abundant brainpower and creativity of the world
- Integrate innovation into the mainstream of your managerial decision making
- Manage risk
- Become a leader of innovation
We live in a world of unprecedented change, increasing global competitiveness, and the very real threat of commoditization. Innovation in this world is the best way to win--arguably the only way to really win. Innovation is not a separate, discrete activity but the job of everyone in a leadership position and the integral, central driving force for any business that wants to grow organically and succeed on a sustained basis.
This is a game-changing book that helps you redefine your leadership and improve your management game.