An insightful, exhaustive and thought-provoking study of BERNARD SHAW his literary milieu, his plays, his dramatic method, his socialistic views and his influence on literature and society in general.
Placing Shaw s Corpus in its immediate socio-cultural and literary context, the book provides an authoritative critical study of Contemporary Drama as well as Dramatic Criticism. The singular achievement of the book is in the parallels it draws between the Drama of Shaw and the Graeco-Roman Drama, the Medieval Drama, the Drama of Moliere and the Drama of the 18th and the 19th centuries.
An indispensable study for an insight into the works of Bernard Shaw from a ground-breaking, comparative perspective.
1. The Man
2. The Man (Continued)
3. Analysis of Bernard Shaw s Dramatic Method
4. Analysis of Bernard Shaw s Dramatic Method (Continued)
5. Shaw and the Dramatic Critics. Technique of the Contemporary Drama. The Nature of Dramatic Art
6. Parallelism Between The Drama of Shaw, The Gr co-Roman Drama, The Medieval Drama, The Drama of Moliere, and the Drama of the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries
7. General Considerations on Dramatic Art Exemplified with Reference to the Work of Bernard Shaw
About the Author(s)
Augustin Hamon is a reputed authority on European Drama, with numerous critical studies of French and English plays and playwrights to his credit.
|No. of Pages:||164|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping