The newly revised and updated Hormones, Second Edition provides a comprehensive treatment of human hormones, viewed in light of modern theories of hormone action and in the context of current understanding of subcellular and cellular architecture and classical organ physiology. Each chapter presents a physiological description of the hormone system under consideration, followed by a listing of the mode-of-action of the hormone. This book includes significant advances in the molecular biology of receptors, hormones, and studies of hormone action that have transpired over the past five years. The text updates the material on enzymes related to steroid metabolism and new hormone systems, as well as providing a new chapter on hormones and cancer.
* Completely updates the material, covering new discoveries and significant advances since the First Edition was published in 1987
* Contains new information regarding steroid hormones, the role of hormones in cancer, and a comprehensive introductory chapter
* Presents an overview of virtually all important hormones
* Provides detailed physiological, cellular, and molecular descriptions of classical human endocrine systems
* Streamlines the presentation of the First Edition, making the book easier to use and read
|Author:||Anthony W Norman, A W Norman, Gerald Litwack|
|No. of Pages:||558|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping