Comprehensive and up-to-date, this new edition of "A Dictionary of Philosophy" spans 2500 years of philosophical thought, and offers an invaluable reference to the student of philosophy and the general reader alike.
* Extensive coverage of modern as well as historical fields, encompassing personalities, terminology and vocabulary
* Extends from the classical thinkers, through Aquinas, Descartes, Spinoza and Kant to Russell, Wittgenstein, Husserl, Baudrillard and Derrida
* Entries by leading figures in their field on environmental ethics, the philosophy of economics, externalism, the concept of God, practical reason and virtue ethics, among many others
* Particular attention given to continental philosophy
* Over 2000 entries, with full cross-references
About the Author :
Antony Flew has contributed to A Dictionary of Philosophy as an editor.
Philosopher and former atheist Antony Flew set the agenda for modern atheism with his 1950 essay "Theology and Falsification," which became the most widely reprinted philosophical publication of the last half century. Flew has published over thirty books, including "God and Philosophy", "The Presumption of Atheism", and "How to Think Straight". He spent twenty years as professor of philosophy at the University of Keele and has also held positions at Oxford, the University of Aberdeen, and the University of Reading. He now lives in Reading, England.
|Title:||A Dictionary of Philosophy||Publisher:||Pan Books|
|Author:||Antony Flew, Stephen Priest|
|No. of Pages:||433|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.