|No. of Units:||1|
|No. of Pages:||433|
Comprehensive and up-to-date, this new edition of "A Dictionary of Philosophy" spans 2500 years of philosophical thought, and offers an invaluable reference to the student of philosophy and the general reader alike.
* Extensive coverage of modern as well as historical fields, encompassing personalities, terminology and vocabulary
* Extends from the classical thinkers, through Aquinas, Descartes, Spinoza and Kant to Russell, Wittgenstein, Husserl, Baudrillard and Derrida
* Entries by leading figures in their field on environmental ethics, the philosophy of economics, externalism, the concept of God, practical reason and virtue ethics, among many others
* Particular attention given to continental philosophy
* Over 2000 entries, with full cross-references