Drawing upon the ancient oracle traditions of the Celtic druids to create striking visual images, this cloth book and 70 full-color cards were created by Caitlin Matthews, author of THE CELTIC BOOK OF DAYS. Major and minor arcana cards reflect the druids' belief in the immortal soul and the values that infused daily Celtic life. 128-page book w/ 100 color illustrations. 78 cards.
- An original tarot based on Celtic spiritual traditions
- Written by the bestselling author of "The Celtic Book of Days"
- Draws upon the ancient oracle traditions of the Celtic druids to create striking visual images
- Major and minor arcana cards reflect the druids' belief in the immortal soul and the values that infused daily Celtic life
- Honors ancient Celtic tradition in a way that will provide inspiration and direction for modern seekers
Divination was an honored art among the Celts, who believed that spirit was present in all things. Caitlin Matthews's "The Celtic Wisdom Tarot" draws upon the ancient oral traditions of the Celtic druids to create striking visual images that profoundly reflect the druids' deep-rooted belief in the interconnectedness of all things. Immortality of the soul was a tenet of druidic belief and the 22 cards of the major arcana follow the sacred triple spiral of the soul's path through many lifetimes. These cards mirror the mysterious thresholds of the Celtic otherworld where all life is subject to powerful transformations. The minor arcana, on the other hand, is redesigned to depict the rich spiritual values that infused the daily life of the Celts. Battle skills, art, and knowledge--the chief hubs of Celtic life--replace the standard pentacles, wands, cups, and swords. Together the wisdom cards of the major arcana and the folklore-based cards of the minor arcana create a meaningful fusion of deep spiritual truths and the lessons of daily life.
"The Celtic Wisdom Tarot" provides a portable oracle to help clarify confusing situations and empower readers to take advantage of lifeis opportunities. It honors the ancient traditions ofthe Celtic peoples in such a way that their truths can still be a rich source of inspiration and direction for modern seekers.
About the Author :
Caitlin Matthews has contributed to The Celtic Wisdom Tarot with Cards as an author.
Caitlin Matthews is internationally renowned for her research into the Celtic and ancestral traditions. She is the author of 36 books, including The Celtic Tradition, The Encyclopedia of Celtic Wisdom, and Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom. She is co-founder of the Foundation for Inspirational and Oracular Studies, which is dedicated to oral, shamanic, and sacred arts. Caitlin Matthews has a shamanic practice in Oxford, England, and teaches worldwide.
|Title:||The Celtic Wisdom Tarot with Cards||Publisher:||Destiny Books|
|No. of Pages:||128|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping