|Available. 2-4 weeks|
Homosexuality has appeared as a secondary theme in the fictional works of numerous mainstream writers in contemporary Mexico. Here, the author deals with issues of gender identity when they emerge as metaphorical red flags signaling cultural danger zones along the path to harmonious national discourse. By focusing on the representation of homosexuality in a variety of texts produced between 1964 and 1994, the book also delineates complex relationships within Mexican society.
1. El diario de Jose Toledo: The Fantasies of a Middle-Class Bureaucrat
2. The Power of Subversive Imagination: Utopian Discourse in the Novels of Luis Zapata and Jose Rafael Calva
3. On the Cutting Edge: El jinete azul and the Aesthetics of the Abyss
4. Monobodies, Antibodies, and the Body Politic: Sara Levi Calderon's Dos mujeres
5. Just Another Material Girl? La hermana secreta de Angelica Maria and the Seduction of the Popular
6. From "Infernal Realms of Delinquency" to Cozy Cabanas in Cuernavaca: Jose Joaquin Blanco's Visions of Homosexuality
|Title:||Danger Zones: Homosexuality, Nationa Identity, and Mexican Culture||Publisher:||University of Arizona Press|
|No. of Pages:||159|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.