|Not Available. 4-5 weeks|
Will the genetic design of athletes destroy sport a ] or will it lead to a new and extraordinary age of athletic achievement?
Exploring a new territory in sport and ethics, this edited collection contains some of the best new writing that has emerged from the debates concerning the uses of genetic technologies to improve sport performance. Issues covered include:
* gene technology and sports ethics
* genetic testing in sports
* gene technology and the sporting ethos
* gene technology and gender equality in sport.
This cutting-edge text is the first on the subject to analyze gender specific questions that arise from genetically modified sport and is likely to provoke further debate in the world of sport and bio-ethics.
Contributors include Lincoln Allison, Ruth Chadwick, Arne Ljungqvist, Andy Miah, Christian Munthe, Bengt Saltin, Angela Schnieder and many more.
About the Author :
Torbjorn Tannsjo has contributed to Genetic Technology and Sport: Ethical Questions as an author.
Torbjrn Tnnsj is professor of practical philosophy at Gothenburg University.
|Title:||Genetic Technology and Sport: Ethical Questions||Publisher:||Routledge|
|Author:||Claudio Tamburrini, Torbjorn Tannsjo|
|No. of Pages:||223|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping