KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR Book Description
Intended for students of management as well as government and nonprofit sector administrators, this book is designed to help in learning the principles and practices of knowledge management (KM). It describes in detail various KM concepts such as collection, categorization, processing and archiving of crucial organizational data and information. It discusses how to convert and distribute these resources to all persons who need access to organizational knowledge.
Exclusive focus on KM techniques which are relevant for the public sector
Extensive review of current literature on knowledge management
Comprehensive classification of KM principles
Thorough use of case studies to demonstrate the utility of KM in the public sector
The book is written in a simple, easy-to-read style. Extensive use of illustrations, models, checklists and instructions is made to help understand the steps involved in implementing KM programmes.
This book is the first book of its kind to provide a comprehensive coverage of knowledge management methodology and implementation in federal, state, and local governments. It introduces a unique total knowledge management system model that addresses the fundamental mechanisms, processes, and payoffs in the public sector. Dr. McNabb does an outstanding job at illustrating the tools and processes that are currently being used to create, capture, and share knowledge in public sector organizations. A must read for those interested in leveraging knowledge in the public sector. Dr. JAMES A. ALBERS School of Business, Pacific Lutheran University Former Senior Executive, NASA
Table of Contents
List of Tables, Figures, and Boxes
Part 1: FOUNDATIONS OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
1. Historical Foundations of KM
2. KM: A Self-Regulating Social System
Part 2: TRANSFORMING GOVERNMENT WITH KM
3. The Technology and Processes Subsystem
4. Knowledge Processes and Policy Directives
5. Principles and Processes in Implementing KM
6. Building a Collaborative Learning Culture
7. KM and Organizational Learning
Part 3: KM SYSTEMS IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR
8. KM and Innovation in Government
9. Knowledge Management in the Public Sector
10. The Public-Sector Chief Knowledge Officer
Part 4: STORIES OF PUBLIC-SECTOR KM IN ACTION
11. Knowledge Management at NASA
12. KM at the Army s Communications-Electronics Command
13. KM at the Virginia Department of Transportation
14. Conclusion: Knowledge Management s Role in the Drive to Transform Government
The book KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR by
(author) is published or distributed by M.E. Sharpe [8120332288, 9788120332287].
This particular edition was published on or around 2007-1-1 date.
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR has Paperback binding and this format has 344 number of pages of content for use.
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.