|In Stock. 0-0 business days|
Based on a course taught to thousands of professionals and students worldwide, this title is a thorough and practical introduction to user interaction design and evaluation. Covering the design of graphical user interfaces (GUIs), Web sites, and interfaces for embedded systems, it features a full-color production with hundreds of illustrations, practical examples, and self-teaching tools.
Whether you are a professional new to the user-centered design field, or an experienced designer who needs to learn the fundamentals of user interface design and evaluation, this book can lead the way.
What will you get from this book? Based on a course from the Open University, UK which has been taught to over a thousand professionals and students, this book presents an overview of the field. It illustrates the benefits of a user-centered approach to the design of software, computer systems, and web sites, and provides a clear and practical discussion of requirements gathering; developing interaction design from user requirements; and user interface evaluation. The book's coverage includes established HCI topics-for example, visibility, affordance, feedback, metaphors, mental models, and the like-combined with practical guidelines for contemporary designs and current trends, which makes for a winning combination. You get a clear presentation of ideas, illustrations of concepts, using real-world applications.
This book will help you develop all the skills necessary for iterative user-centered design, and provides a firm foundation for user interface design and evaluation on which to build.
* Covers the design of graphical user interfaces, web sites, and interfaces for embedded systems
* Full color production, with activities, projects, hundreds of illustrations, and industrial applications.
* A supporting web site includes sample exam paper, numerous activities to practice the concepts learned, and a set of review questions to test your own learning-plus web resources.
About the Author :
Debbie Stone has contributed to User Interface Design and Evaluation as an author. Daina Kalnins, MSc, RD, is a registered dietitian and academic and clinical specialist at the Hospital for Sick Children. She has over 25 years' experience in pediatric research and nutrition and is author of "Better Baby Food," "Better Food for Kids," and "Better Food for Pregnancy,"
Debbie Stone and Joyce Touw are both Registered Nurses and Registered Lactation Consultants with The Hospital for Sick Children. They teach both parents and health professionals about lactation.
|Title:||User Interface Design and Evaluation||Publisher:||Morgan Kaufmann Publishers|
|Author:||Debbie Stone, Caroline Jarrett, Mark Woodroffe|
|No. of Pages:||704|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.