An easy to follow, quick reference introductory guide for beginning professionals and students in filmmaking and postproduction. It explains all film laboratory procedures in the context of the wide range of technology that is used by filmmakers, explaining what happens and why at every stage. A technical understanding of film processing and printing, telecine and laboratory and digital processes will help you get the best results for your film. The book is particularly useful for those who have come to film making from other media - video or digital.
The book is based on the author's own experience as a lab technician and technical film consultant and provides answers to many frequently asked questions. The different pathways for film production and postproduction are demonstrated as well as the function of the lab at each stage of the process. The complete range of services is offered, with particular emphasis on the often confusing requirements for super 16 and the blow up to 35mm, the intricacies of negative cutting to match a non-linear edit and the process of grading and regrading for the answer print.
This new edition includes:
* An update on all digital formats of image and sound
* Revision sections on Super 16, Super 35
* Additional information on syncing rushes at telecine and to digital images
* The latest telecine machines
* A new, clear and simple glossary
-Gain a complete understanding of film laboratory procedures
-Describes how to use a laboratory's services to gain the best results for film
-Broaden your knowledge through answers to the most frequently asked questions concerning film technology
About the Author :
Dominic Case has contributed to Film Technology in Post Production as an author.
Case is a motion picture technical consultant and an expert on film technology services.
|Title:||Film Technology in Post Production||Publisher:||Focal Press|
|No. of Pages:||224|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping