- Fascinating then-and-now photographs highlight Atlantic City's evolution-from its early days as a get-away for Philadelphians, through its decline in the mid-20th century, to its 21st century incarnation as a gambling and entertainment mecca. - Stroll along the city's famous Boardwalk First built in 1870 to keep sand off hotel carpets, the Boardwalk has witnessed tremendous changes. - Check in to some of the Eastern Seaboard's most extravagant turn-of-the-century hotels like the Traymore, the Marlborough-Blenheim, and the Shelburne. - See how Donald Trump turned swampland into gold, with photographs of the once impoverished Inlet area that now boasts high-end resorts. - Take a spin on the world's first Ferris wheel, at Missouri and Mississippi Avenues, now the site of the Trump Taj Mahal casino. - Glimpse icons of the past, like Boardwalk Hall, home of the Miss America Pageant and the Chesterfield sign at Steeplechase Pier, once the world's largest electric sign with 27,000 light bulbs.
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.