* Provides accessible tools for carrying out gender-sensitive analyses of current situations.* Includes frameworks for analysing systems, institutions, and policies, in a simple but powerful way.* These tools will enable readers to think though problems clearly, and to develop constructive alternatives."This Guide to Practising Gender Analysis in Education" is a companion volume to the Guide to Gender-Analysis Frameworks by March et al, published by Oxfam in 1999. The first book is a guide to using gender-analysis frameworks in development work. This companion will apply four frameworks: the Harvard framework, the Women 's Empowerment Approach, the Gender Analysis Matrix and the Social Relations Approach, to the analysis of a variety of educational contexts, including national education policies and projects, schools, colleges, ministries, teaching and learning materials, and school and teacher training curricula. Aimed at policymakers and planners, academics, researchers and students, development agency staff and of the practitioners, each chapter presents a tool for gender analysis, and discusses its methodology and its uses, as a means of supporting gender mainstreaming. The book provides practical examples of how the tool can be used, and highlights their strengths and disadvantages.
About the Author :
Fiona E Leach has contributed to Practising Gender Analysis in Education as an author.
Leach is a specialist in gender and education in the field of educational development. She has taught in Sudan, Egypt, and Zaire, and currently lectures and researches at the University of Sussex.
|Title:||Practising Gender Analysis in Education||Publisher:||Oxfam|
|Author:||Fiona E Leach|
|No. of Pages:||162|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping