- Critical essays reflecting a variety of schools of criticism - Notes on the contributing critics, a chronology of the author's life, and an index - An introductory essay by Harold Bloom.
Since its publication in 1967, One Hundred Years of Solitude has sold more than 20 million copies and earned its author, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, a host of awards, including the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982. The novel has prompted comparisons to Miguel de Cervantes, William Faulkner, Virginia Woolf, and even the Bible. The new edition of this critical volume brings together full-length essays that explore the nuances of Marquez's captivating fictive world of Macondo. This study guide comes complete with an introductory essay by master scholar Harold Bloom, notes on the contributors, and reference features such as a chronology, bibliography, and index.
One hundred years of solitude is an excellent book. Garcia Marquez takes us through the lives and times of six generations of Buendia family. The author is a poet who creates a magnificent world of miracles. He talks about drought, flood, tides in his imaginative narration. Aparts from the magic, it also reveals the human feelings like love, lust, talent, disappointment and temptations. Sometimes the story gets so complex that it takes time to understand. It keeps you amazing with the imaginary things that happens. This makes your brain more creative and imaginative than before. Every page unfolds a new fantasy and every sentence is magical. Full of imaginations and fantasy. Great Work. Once you start reading, you will not put it down easily.
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.