- Critical essays reflecting a variety of schools of criticism
- Notes on the contributing critics, a chronology of the author's life, and an index
- An introductory essay by Harold Bloom.
With the publication in 1989 of her first novel, "The Joy Luck Club," Amy Tan was immediately recognized as a major contemporary novelist. Her work explores the lives of the women in four Chinese-American families and the daughters who struggle to fulfill or reject the cultural and familial expectations placed on them. This new edition offers a selection of diverse critical voices that explore and elucidate the intricate relationships that course through the novel. Complete with an introduction from literary scholar Harold Bloom, this study guide also features a chronology, a bibliography, an index, and notes on the contributors.
About the Author :
Harold Bloom has contributed to The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan as an editor.
Harold Bloom is a Sterling Professor of Humanities at Yale University and a former Charles Eliot Norton Professor at Harvard. His more than thirty books include "The Best Poems of the English Language", "The Art of Reading Poetry", and "The Book of J". He is a MacArthur Prize Fellow, a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, and the recipient of many awards and honorary degrees, including the Academy's Gold Medal for Belles Lettres and Criticism, the International Prize of Catalonia, and the Alfonso Reyes Prize of Mexico.
|Title:||The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan||Publisher:||Chelsea House Publications|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.