Effective watershed planning and management
This book presents a flexible, integrated framework for watershed management that addresses the biophysical, social, and economic issues affecting water resources and their use. Comprehensive in scope and multidisciplinary in approach, it equips you with the necessary tools and techniques to develop sound watershed management policy and practice-from problem definition and goal setting to electing management strategies and procedures for monitoring implementation.
* Watershed components and processes
* Establishing management plan parameters and objectives
* Stakeholder identification and consultation
* Development of practical management options
* Both simple and detailed methods for the assessment of management alternatives
* Techniques for determining the legal implications and the environmental, economic, and social impact of a management plan
* Choosing the best plan and putting it into action
Supplemented with case studies and examples, Integrated Watershed Management is an ideal resource for upper-level students and professionals in environmental science, natural resource management, and environmental engineering.
|Title:||Integrated Watershed Management: Principles and Practice||Publisher:||John Wiley & Sons|
|Author:||Isobel W Heathcote|
|No. of Pages:||424|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping