|In Stock. 5-7 business days|
The focus of governments across Europe and the US in recent years has been on an agenda for social inclusion: the need to ensure that all members of society feel engaged and play an active part. This has special resonance with some young people in society, who for various reasons have become excluded, particularly from education, training and employment. This vital new guide to providing support in this changing world is ideal both for anyone working with young people and those who are charged with providing support and supervision to youth support workers themselves.
The book will help you to understand the underlying concepts behind support and supervision and to engage with the concepts, models and techniques that determine effective day-to-day practice. With contributors coming from both academic and practice-based backgrounds the book highlights the complementary and conflicting ideas and concerns that shape the practice and covers a range of diverse yet vitally important issues such as:
- What is support and supervision?
- How psychoanalytical ideas can inform supervision
- Outcome-focused supervision
- Multicultural issues
- Evaluation in supervision
- Ethical dilemmas, confidentiality and the law.
In addition, the book clarifies the benefits and limitations of support and supervision by drawing on the knowledge and experience of those currently involved in the activity, providing insights into supervision from the supervised, supervisor and organizational perspectives. The writers bring a breadth and depth of knowledge and experience across the range of helping professionals to create a book that will help practitioners, their managers, theorganizations for which they work, as well as those on a wide range of professional training courses.
|Title:||Providing Support and Supervision||Publisher:||Routledge|
|Author:||J Westergaard, Jane Westergaard, Hazel Reid|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.