In appraising Indian English Literature, there is felt a dire need of criticism as a continuing exercise, taking up the contemporaneous as an outgrowth of its predecessors as well as examining the latter anew in the light of the former. The present Volume of the anthology incorporates this backward-forward critical movement, comprising scholarly reappraisal of the principal texts of Mulk Raj Anand, Raja Rao, R.K. Narayan, Manohar Malgonkar, Kamala Markandaya and Anita Desai. The collection employs the latest critical theories to re-examine, re-interpret and re-evaluate the old masters to arrive at a new perception of their present significance.
The Volume is an invaluable updated supplement to existing studies of Indian Writings in English for students, teachers, researchers and scholars.
1. Appraising Indian English Literature A New Agenda Prof. M.K. Bhatnagar
2. A Critical Study of Mulk Raj Anand As a Short Story Writer B.Vyaghreswarudu
3. The Literary Style of Mulk Raj Anand Dr. Smruti Ranjan Behera
4. The Growth of Mind and Art of Raja Rao : His Short Stories B. Vyaghreswarudu
5. The Feminine Principle in The Serpent and The Rope Dr. S.S. Agarwalla
6. The Role of Caste in Raja Rao s Cat and Shakespeare Dr. Ragini Ramachandra
7. Decolonizing History : A Post-colonial Reading of Malgonkar s The Devil s Wind Dr. D. Maya
8. The World of Malgonkar s Shorter Fiction A. Padmanabhan
9. Kamala Markandaya s Nectar in a Sieve : As a Feminist Poetics Dr. Rakhi
10.The Discourse of Resistance : A Reading of Kamala Markandaya s Pleasure City Dr. D. Maya
11. Fate and Fatalism in Anita Desai s Cry, The Peacock Dr. (Mrs.) S.S. Rengachari
12. Alienation of Women Characters in Anita Desai s Novels DR. C.V. GEORGE
13. Raka As a Metaphor for Ruined Childhood in Anita
Desai s Fire on the Mountain Dr. B. Brahmananda Chary
14. A Focus on Anita Desai s Games at Twilight B. Vyaghreswarudu
15. Isolation in Arun Joshi s The Foreigner and The Last Labyrinth Dr. (Mrs.) S.S. Rengachari
16. Nissim Ezekiel : Surviving in the City Z.F. Molvi
17. KAMALA DAS : HOMELESS IN THE CITY Z.F. Molvi
18. Treatment of Nature in Kamala Das s Poetry C.C. Varkey
19. ONE WOMAN S AUTOBIOGRAPHY : KAMALA DAS S MY STORY DR. USHA V.T.
20. Literary Paradigms of Matriliny : Kamala Das s My Story Dr. Usha V.T.
About the Author(s)
Dr. Manmohan K. Bhatnagar is Professor, Department of English, M.D. University, Rohtak (Haryana), India. A distinguished scholar and a veteran teacher of more than two decades standing, he has been Chairman, Department of English, M.D. University, Rohtak and also Chairman, State Inter-University Common Syllabi Committee in English of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and M.D. University, Rohtak.
Having been selected for the prestigious Commonwealth Academic Staff Fellow-ship, Professor Bhatnagar has been a U.G.C.-empanelled Resource Person and part of the Guest Faculty at a number of U.G.C.-sponsored Refresher Courses for College Lecturers. He has also chaired individual sessions at National Seminars. He has been a U.G.C. Fellow at Panjab University, Chandigarh and a U.G.C. Research Associate at University of Poona, Poona. Currently, he is engaged in working as Principal Investigator in a Major U.G.C. Project on Indian English Fiction.
Professor Bhatnagar s publications include, besides a number of research articles in prestigious journals in India and abroad, Political Consciousness in Indian English Writing, Perspectives and The Fiction of Nayantara Sahgal. His areas of interest are: Literary Theory, Comparative Literature, Commonwealth and Indian English Literature and Third World Fiction.
|Title:||INDIAN WRITINGS IN ENGLISH( Volume III )||Publisher:||Atlantic|
|Author:||M K Bhatnagar|
|No. of Pages:||224|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping