|In Stock. 2-3 business days|
This volume attempts to provide students, scholars and others interested in Punjab with an authoritative work containing papers on different aspects of its history and culture.
Prominent among those whose con tributions are included in the volume are Dr. Ganda Singh, Prof. Bipan Chandra, Prof. V.N. Datta, Prof. S.S. Bal, Prof. Attar Singh, Dr. Darrol Bryant, Dr. W. Owen Cole, Dr. James Lewis, Prof. Mulk Raj Anand, Prof. K.S. Duggal, Mrs. Satya Rai and Dr. R.K. Perti.
It is hoped that this work will help promote better understanding of the rich heritage of Panjab and result in more scholarly studies in different fields.
1. History and Culture of Panjab
Through the Ages GANDA SINGH
2. Guru Nanak's Vision of Religious
Humanism ATTAR SINGH
3. Guru Gobind Singh in Bengali
Writings HIMADRI BANERJEE
4. The Guru in Sikhism : Some Further Considerations OWEN COLE
5. The Sikh Philosophy of God WAZIR SINGH
6. Inter-religious Dialogue and
Understanding M. DARROL BRYANT
7. Images of Sikhism in the Writings
of Early Orientalists JAMES LEWIS
8. Modern Panjab: An Overview S.S. BAL
9. The Singh Sabha Movement GURDARSHAN SINGH
10. The Chief Khalsa Diwan A Study
of its Representative Character JOGINDER SINGH
11. Encounter with Bhai Vir Singh MULK RAJ ANAND
12. Sikh Educational Movement:
Past and Present H.S. SINGHA
13. Economic Dimensions of the Arya
Samaj Movement in Panjab DAVENDRA K. CHAUDHRY
14. The Ahmadiya Movement in Panjab SHYAMALA BHATIA
15. The Nationalist Press in the Panjab 1880 1900 Dayal Singh Majithia
and the Tribune NINA PURI
16. Panjab's response to Rowlatt Bills'
Agitation HARI SINGH
1.7. The Akali Movement MOHINDER SINGH
18. A New Phase of Revolutionary Movement in the Panjab : The Nau Jawan Bharat Sabha and the Kirti
Kisan Sabha R.K. PERTI
19. Some Aspects of Socio-Economic
Changes in Panjab BIPAN CHANDRA
20. The Ubiquitous Panjab Zamindar
and the Unionist Party in Panjab PREM CHOWDHRY
21. Partition of Panjab Machinery for
Division SATYA M. RAI
22. Position of Women in Punjabi
Society KIRAN DEVENDRA
23. Role of Women in the Freedom
Struggle in Panjab MAN MOHAN KAUR
24. Evolving Trends in Punjabi Writing K.S. DUGGAL
25. Could Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
be prevented ? V.N. DATTA
26. Art and Architecture of Panjab KANWARJIT SINGH RANG
27. Partap Singh Kairon : Builder of
Modern Panjab P.N. CHOPRA
28. The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara
Management Committee JITINDER KAUR
29. Punjabi Academy, Delhi .-Its Horizons MANJIT SINGH
30. A Survey of Sikh Studies and Sikh
Centres in the West GOBIND SINGH MANSUKHANI
31. Sikhs and Sikhism in the United States SATNAM SINGH BHUGRA
32. Our Contributors
About the Author(s)
DR. M0H1NDER SINGH, who is currently Director of the Guru Nanak Foundation, New Delhi, was earlier teaching History at S.G.T.B. Khalsa College, University of Delhi and Punjab University, Patiala. In 1974 he was awarded a fellowship by the Indian Council of Historical Research to carry on in the United Kingdom his field work on 'The Akali Movement', which later earned him his Doctorate degree. Dr. Singh is the author of several works on Panjab history, The Akali Movement (Macmillan, 1978) being one of them. He is also the founder Editor of the bi-annual Journal of the Guru Nanak Foundation Studies in Sikhism and Comparative Religion. A widely travel led person, Dr. Singh is a member of the Editorial Committees and Advisory Boards of several national and inter national organisations.
|Title:||HISTORY AND CULTURE OF PUNJAB||Publisher:||Atlantic|
|No. of Pages:||326|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.