- Only book on the former Yugoslavia to focus on how the various ethnic groups in the region formed, lived, died, and were reborn
- Condensed historical overview serves as a basis for understanding the tragic events of the late 20th century
- Expert authors provide an inside look at Yugoslavia since the break-up in the early 1990s
Serbs and Croats in the former Yugoslavia. Muslims and Christians in Nigeria. French- and English-speaking Canadians. Why do some fight? Why do others get along? What in these nations' pasts breeds strife? Or fosters harmony? No questions are more critical to today's world; no books answer them better than Ethnic Diversity within Nations. It starts with history. Nation-state by nation-state, each title exhaustively explores the ethnic past to understand the ethnic present of countries around the world-from the ancient origins of the original inhabitants to the story of immigrants, settlers, and conquerors to yesterday's headlines of conflict and cooperation. Can't we all just get along? As the books in the Ethnic Diversity within Nations series demonstrate, it's not always that simple.
|Title:||The Former Yugoslavia's Diverse Peoples: A Reference Sourcebook||Publisher:||ABC-CLIO|
|Author:||Matjaz Klemencic, Mitja Zagar, Elliott Barkin|
|No. of Pages:||426|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.