"The French Cinema Book "is an accessible and innovative survey of key topics in French cinema from the 1890s to the twenty-first century. It proposes new insights into familiar areas and sets out a fresh agenda for the study and appreciation of French cinema. The book combines historical context and background information with detailed discussion of casestudies and analysis of films. It also provides guidance for further reading, and additional resources for readers to consider. "The French Cinema Book "is addressed to all lovers of French cinema, students and teachers, specialists and fans.
The book addreses such questions as
* Who are the men and women who have made French cinema happen?
* What is the business culture in which French cinema evolved?
* How has technological change effected artistic and commercial innovation?
* What have been the most popular and the most experimental forms?
* How has the spectator's experience of filmgoing changed in the past 100 years?
* How have debates about film reflected cinema's unique place in French culture?
About the Author :
Michael Temple has contributed to The French Cinema Book as an editor.
Michael Temple teaches French at Birkbeck College, London. He is the author of "The Name of the Poet "(1995), editor of "Meetings with Mallarme "(1998), and coeditor of "The Cinema Alone: Jean-Luc Godard 1985-2000. "Michael Witt teaches Film Studies at the University of Surrey, Roehampton. He is coeditor, with Michael Temple and James S. Williams, of "For Ever Godard: The Work of Jean-Luc Godard from 1950 to the Present "(2004).
|Title:||The French Cinema Book||Publisher:||British Film Institute|
|Author:||Michael Temple, Michael Witt|
|No. of Pages:||294|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping