The book provides different phases of the history of Freedom Movement. In this book the events have been recorded chronologically from 1857 to 1947. It study also provides an introduction to the history of Freedom Movement. In the last chapter importance is given to the heroic role of the freedom fighters. In the intervening chapters the history of Freedom Movement is traced in a simple manner so as to fulfil the requirements of the students and the common readers. The Role of Mahatma Gandhi in the Nationalist Movement is described very beautifully in this book. More emphasis is put on the Religious Renaissance for the inauguration of the freedom struggle. The author has well elaborated all the events of the movement in this book.
2. The Revolt of 1857
3. The Role of Renaissance in National Movement
4. The Role of Western Education and other Factors in National Awakening
5. The Origin and Growth of the Indian National Congress
6. The Moderates and their Achievements (1885-1905)
7. The Surat Split and After
8. Partition of Bengal and Swadeshi Movement
9. The Home Rule Movement
10. The Terrorist Movement
11. The Impact of World War I on Indian Politics
12. Gandhiji and the Freedom Movement (1920-1930)
13. Gandhiji and the Freedom Movement (1930-1935)
14. India and the Second World War
15. From Quit India Movement to Independence
16. The Origin and Growth of Communalism
17. The Heroic Role of Freedom Fighters
About the Author(s)
Professor N. Jayapalan of Government Arts College, Karur (Tamilnadu) did his post-graduation in History in Pachaiyappa s College, Chennai (Madras University). Later, he did his post-graduation in Political Science from the same University. Then he did his M.Phil. from the Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli.
He has participated in a number of seminars connected with Indian History. He has written more than hundred books, both on History and Political Science. He is one of the most popular authors in Tamilnadu.