|Available. 2-4 weeks|
Your English teacher wasn't kidding.
Nothing says more about you than your command of language.
Here is a quick and easy way to brush up on the intricate system of grammar that powers the English language. The updated and expanded edition of this proven guide is a painless way to master parts of speech, syntax, and all the rules of good usage. Best of all, the self-teaching format enables you to learn at your own pace, when it is convenient for you.
Now you can learn to write and speak Standard American English effectively.
The task is easier if you have a solid understanding of how and why grammar "works" than if you try to memorize lists of rules. That's why author Patricia Osborn emphasizes grammar in action, taking the rules out of the classroom and into everyday language. She explains the functions performed by the various parts of speech and provides a new glossary of frequently misused word pairs. You'll discover:
* How grammar works to make communication clear and effective
* Techniques for improving your writing skills
* Simple ways to remember the rules and use them in everyday language
* The "magic" of word order in an English sentence.
Were you daydreaming in your English class? No one will ever have to know. This self-teaching guide takes all the confusion and mystery out of grammar. You'll learn to speak and write with assurance, which is the first step in building confidence in yourself, in your personal life, and in your career.
About the Author :
Patricia Osborn has contributed to How Grammar Works: A Self-Teaching Guide as an author.
Patricia Osborn, has taught English and related electives, advised high school newspapers, and served as English department chair in Toldeo, Ohio. Ms, Osborn is the author of five books and lives in Toldeo, Ohio.
|Title:||How Grammar Works: A Self-Teaching Guide||Publisher:||John Wiley & Sons|
|No. of Pages:||272|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.