A comprehensive, easy-to-use guide to the fundamentals and applications of magnetism
As magnetic recording technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace-in digital data storage as well as video and audio applications-there is a growing need for a basic primer to help explain advances in the field. Written by industry expert R. Lawrence Comstock, this immensely useful guide combines an introductory treatment of the physics and material science of magnetism with clear, thorough, up-to-date coverage of magnetic recording systems and their components. From basic magnetic properties to the fabrication of magnetic mate-rials to the magnetic recording process, Dr. Comstock examines in detail both theory and applications, reinforces concepts with real-world data, and provides insight into new and emerging technologies. Key topics include:
* The ferromagnetism of the transition metals
* Properties of ferromagnetic thin films
* The state of the art of digital magnetic recording technology
* Magnetic recording heads, including magnetoresistive and giant magnetoresistive heads
* Recording media in disk drive technology
An indispensable resource for engineers and scientists working on the development and manufacturing of magnetic recording technologies, Introduction to Magnetism and Magnetic Recording also features extensive tables of the properties of magnetic materials, 30 photographs, and more than 200 graphs.
Dr. Comstock retired as a senior technical staff member from IBM after more than two decades of service. He was a Vice President of Advanced Technology at Maxtor Corporation for three years.
About the Author :
R Lawrence Comstock has contributed to Introduction to Magnetism and Magnetic Recording as an author.
R. LAWRENCE COMSTOCK, PhD, an independent consultant, teaches in the Department of Materials Engineering at San Jose State University and at Santa Clara University.
Comstock has contributed to Introduction to Magnetism and Magnetic Recording as an author. R. LAWRENCE COMSTOCK, PhD, an independent consultant, teaches in the Department of Materials Engineering at San Jose State University and at Santa Clara University.
|Title:||Introduction to Magnetism and Magnetic Recording||Publisher:||Wiley-Interscience|
|Author:||R Lawrence Comstock, Lawrence R Comstock, Comstock|
|No. of Pages:||487|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.