This book covers syllabi of various Universities in Sociology in the papers entitled : Demography; Social Demography; Population Studies; Population Problems; Vital Statistics in India etc. Analytic presentation of data derived from authentic sources; holistic approach to controversial problems; simple and easy narration with examples from Indian circumstances and questions for exercise at the end of each chapter make this work an ideal textbook for students and a reference work for the teachers.
Starting from Historical Review and discussion of the Concept, Scope and Importance of Demography, the book includes chapter on : Relationship with other Studies; Theories of Population; Methods and Sources of Demographic Data; Growth and Trends of World Population; Development of Demography in India; Structure and Characteristics of Indian Population; Population Dynamics : Mortality;
Fertility : Nature, Measures and Trends; Fertility in India; Migration : Types, Measurement, Theories and Trends; Urbanisation; Labour Force; Unemployment in India; Population Problems; Family Planning and Family Welfare; and Population Policies.
1. Historical Review
2. Demography: Concept, Scope and Importance
3. Relationship with other Studies
4. Theories of Population
5. Methods and Sources of Demographic Data
6. Growth and Trends of World Population
7. Development of Demography in India
8. Structure and Characteristics of Indian Population
9. Population Dynamics: Mortality
10. Fertility: Nature, Measures and Trends
11. Fertility in India
12. Migration: Types, Measurement, Theories and Trends
13. Urbanisation: Measurement and Trends
14. Labour Force: Sources, Measures and Trends
15. Unemployment in India
16. Population Problems
17. Family Planning and Family Welfare
18. Population Policies
About the Author(s)
Dr. Rajendra Kumar Sharma (born 1962), M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., U.G.C. Research Fellow, Panjab University, Chandigarh (1985-1988), worked in I.C.S.S.R. Sponsored Project (1987) on Overseas Indian Entrepreneurs in Kenya . He is LMI : Indian Sociological Society, Uttar Pradesh Samaj Shastra Parishad, Indian Research Association, U.P. Darshan Parishad. He is author of dozens of papers and books on Sociology both in Hindi and English. Dr. Sharma has utilised his experience of teaching Sociology to Post-graduate and Under-graduate students for writing ideal textbooks both in Hindi and English on almost all the papers taught in this subject at Indian Universities. He taught at N.A.S. P.G. College, Meerut (1987-1991). At present he is Lecturer at N.R.E.C. (P.G.) College, Ch. Charan Singh University.
|Title:||DEMOGRAPHY AND POPULATION PROBLEMS||Publisher:||Atlantic|
|Author:||Rajendra K Sharma|
|No. of Pages:||304|
This book under review gives fairly good account of demography as a text book for graduate students. The advantage of this book, i feel, is the careful chronicle of all substantive areas of demography with considerable illustration. some areas of population problems are dealt in detail which makes the book worth acquiring. Muneer Illath
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.