The book deals with the problems of education : Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary, Higher Secondary, College and University level education. It discusses various spheres of education like : Women Education, Adult Education, Education of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. The various political, technological and social impacts on education are analysed. The book examines the various types of education : Population Education, Physical Education, Health Education, Religious and Moral Education, Technological Education, Teacher Education. Evaluating the different aims of education like Education for Democracy, Education for National and Emotional Integration, Education for International and Inter-Cultural Understanding, it discusses the problems peculiar to the entire structure of education : Administration and Supervision, Curriculum, Evaluation and Examination, Work Experience, Medium of Instruction. It studies problems peculiar to expansion of education : Universalisation, Diversification, Text-book Nationalisation, Standardisation, Indianisation and Modernisation.
It is hoped that the book will be useful for teachers, academicians, educational planners, researchers, administrators as well as for common readers.
1. Problems of Education
2. Organisations Providing Education
3. Problems of Explosion of Knowledge
4. Problems of Educational Administration and Supervision
5. Problems of Educational Method
6. Problems of Education of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
7. Problems of Women Education
8. Population Education
9. Social Education or Adult Education
10. Problems of Pre-Primary Education
11. Problems of Primary Education
12. Problems of Wastage and Stagnation in Primary Education
13. Universalisation of Primary Education
14. Problems of Secondary Education
15. Problems of Diversification of Secondary Education Courses
16. Problems of Multi-purpose Schools
17. Problems of Curriculum Construction
18. Problems of Text Book Nationalisation
19. Problems of Public Schools
20. Problems of Standardisation in Education
21. Language Problem in India
22. Problems of Work Experience in Education
23. Technical and Vocational Education: Vocationalization
24. Secularism, Religious and Moral Education
25. Physical Education
26. Health Education
27. Problems of Higher Education
28. Teacher Education and Teacher's Training
29. Problems of Evaluation and Examination
30. Student Unrest and Indiscipline
31. Political Impact on Education
32. Social and Economic Impact on Education
33. Technological Impact on Education
34. Indianisation of Education : Important Experiments
35. Education for National and Emotional Integration
36. Education for International and Inter-Cultural Understanding
37. Education for Democracy
38. Education for Modernisation
39. Education in India Today
Question Bank : (a) Essay Type Questions (b) Short Answer Questions
About the Author(s)
Dr. Ram Nath Sharma, M.A., D.Phil., D.Litt., has been President U.P. Philosophers Association for a decade; LMI : Indian Philosophical Association and Darshan Parishad; Director : Sri Aurobindo Research Institute; Chief Editor : Research Journal of Philosophy and Social Science; Head of the Department of P.G. Studies and Research at Meerut College for two decades. He has guided more than two dozen Ph.D. scholars. Dr. Sharma has authored more than one hundred research papers and an equal number of books in the field of Education and Psychology.
Dr. Rajendra Kumar Sharma (born 1962), M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., U.G.C. Research Fellow, Panjab University, Chandigarh (1985-1988), worked in I.C.S.S.R. Sponsored Project (1987) on Overseas Indian Entrepreneurs in Kenya . He is LMI : Indian Sociological Society, Uttar Pradesh Samaj Shastra Parishad, Indian Research Association, U.P. Darshan Parishad. He is author of dozens of papers and books on Sociology both in Hindi and English. Dr. Sharma has utilised his experience of teaching Sociology to Post-graduate and Under-graduate students for writing ideal textbooks both in Hindi and English on almost all the papers taught in this subject at Indian Universities. He taught at N.A.S. P.G. College, Meerut (1987-1991). At present he is Lecturer at N.R.E.C. (P.G.) College, Ch. Charan Singh University.
|Title:||PROBLEMS OF EDUCATION IN INDIA||Publisher:||Atlantic|
|Author:||Ram Nath Sharma, Rajendra Kumar Sharma|
|No. of Pages:||444|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.