Richard A. Westin's accessible casebook combines a strong problems approach with a sufficient level of policy considerations to provide a coherent structure for understanding Federal Income Taxation.Designed to facilitate teaching and learning, Basic Federal Income Taxation:
- uses text, tightly edited cases, and problems to explain concepts
- covers all the major topics of Federal Income Taxation in a concise presentation
- offers an outstanding group of problems--brief ones to test understanding and more in-depth ones to engage students in tax planning--to ensure comprehension of the rules
- deftly integrates policy issues and tax procedure to enlighten, instead of overwhelming, the student
- is organized for readability, with each major heading followed by references to the associated Code and regulations
- facilitates case analysis through explanatory text that introduces the factual context for most cases, as well as notes after the cases
- supplies basic background on financial theory, such as discounting, cash flows, and internal rates of return and original issue discount
- includes a glossary of terms at the end of the bookThe casebook prepares students for future practice by:
- discussing the rules of practice before the IRS
- offering practical advice regarding the appropriate level of aggressiveness when representing a taxpayer
- presenting examples of primary tax forms filed by individuals
- providing selected examples from different countries to awaken interest in comparative law
- introducing the primary rules of professional responsibility that arise in the field
About the Author :
Richard A Westin has contributed to Basic Federal Income Taxation as an author.
Westin is Laramie L. Leatherman Distinguished Professor of Tax Law at the University of Kentucky.
|Title:||Basic Federal Income Taxation||Publisher:||Aspen Publishers|
|Author:||Richard A Westin|
|No. of Pages:||944|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping