This text presents an accessible introduction to techniques and applications of economic analysis and financial accounting as a method for approaching real-life business problems for managerial decision making in a logical manner. It focusses on the essential skills needed to formulate business policies that help gain a competitive edge in today-s work environment. The book discusses the basic concepts, terminology, and methods that eventually allow students to interpret, analyse, and evaluate actual corporate financial statements. It covers the major areas of managerial economics and financial accounting such as the theory of the firm, the demand theory and forecasting, the production and cost theory and estimation, the market structure and pricing, investment analysis, accountancy, and different forms of business organisations. The book includes numerous examples, problems, self-assessment tests, as well as review questions at the end of each chapter to aid in working out solutions to business problems. The book will be particularly suitable for courses in Managerial Economics and Financial Accounting as part of an engineering degree education at undergraduate level where the students have no previous back-ground in economic and financial analysis. It will also be immensely useful for M.B.A., M.Com. and C.A. students, business exe-cutives, and administrators who need to learn the application of economic theory to realistic business situations.
Table of Contents
1. Managerial Economics: The Basics
2. Demand Analysis
3. Production and Cost Analysis
4. Capital Management and Investment Decisions
6. Types of Business Organisation
Glossary - Bibliography
|Title:||Managerial Economics And Financial Accounting PB||Publisher:||PHI|
|No. of Pages:||592|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.