Anita Desai and her novels have been an enigma for decades. Scholars, critics, researchers and students have never stopped marvelling about supremacy of Idea over Matter in the works of this gifted novelist. The philosophical mood, the realization of a grand design, the presence of unsaid, unarticulated realities all these have forever teased the mind of the discerning reader. In the present volume, Anita Desai has been extensively and intensely probed. As the reader will see, the thrust has been more on psychological and intellectual facets of her fiction, rather than social, cultural or physical areas. This is the trend of criticism these days and it is rightly so. The fine subtleties, the small but significant turn of events, the role of place in the formation of mental scene, the vitality of characters, the force of their personalities, the intricate web of relationships all these have been examined and expressed in words that are at once easy to understand as well as graceful to aesthetic sense.
1. Dimensions of Anita Desai's Fiction
2. Anita Desai
3. Journey Beyond the Senses: An Analysis of Anita Desai's Journey to Ithaca
4. Woman's Striving for a Meaningful Life in Anita Desai's Cry, the Peacock
-VINOD KUMAR MAHESHWARI
5. Anita Desai's Fiction: Portrayal of Feminine Sensibility
6. Marital Disharmony in Anita Desai's Novels
7. Discovery of the Self: An Interior Journey in Margaret Atwood's Surfacing and Anita Desai's Where Shall We Go This Summer?
-S.N. VIKRAM RAJ URS
8. A Feminist Perspective on Anita Desai's Fasting, Feasting
9. Anita Desai's Short Stories: A Study of Diamond Dust
10. Trauma of a Housewife: Anita Desai's Fire on the Mountain
-RAMESH KUMAR GUPTA
11. Fasting, Feasting: An Attempt at Fusion of Continuity and Experiment
12. Cry, the Peacock: A Study in the Theme of Alienation
13. Superstition and Psyche in Anita Desai's Cry, the Peacock
14. The Ideology of Space in Fire on the Mountain
15. In Their Alien Worlds: Anita Desai's Bye-Bye, Blackbird and Baumgartner's Bombay
-ASHA SUSAN JACOB
16. A Saga of Quests: Anita Desai's Journey to Ithaca
-ASHA SUSAN JACOB
17. Staying, Leaving, Returning: The Interconnectedness of Female Identities in Anita Desai's Clear Light of Day
18. Anita Desai's Where Shall We Go This Summer? A Critique on Existentialism
19. The Dialectics of Marital Polarisation in Anita Desai's Cry, the Peacock
20. Indian Life and Sensibility in the Short Stories of Margaret Chatterjee and Anita Desai: A Comparative Study
About the Author(s)
SHUBHA TIWARI, M.A., Ph.D., is Head of the Department of English, A.P.S. University, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh. With about thirty published research papers, Dr. Tiwari is also the author of the book, Amitav Ghosh : A Critical Study. She edits the annual literary magazine of her Department, Zenith. She is working for her D.Litt. on Indian Women Novelists, Native Techniques, and Critical Tools. She is the Associate Editor of the International Journal, The Atlantic Literary Review, a reputed and acclaimed critical project. Dr. Tiwari s areas of interest are recent fiction, interdisciplinary studies, women s studies, and inspirational literature.
|Title:||CRITICAL RESPONSES TO ANITA DESAI( Volume 1 )||Publisher:||Atlantic|
|No. of Pages:||240|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.