|Paperback 2012, 3rd Edition||
|In Stock. 5-7 business days|
For more than three centuries, the magazine in America has been the medium for thoughtful analysis, perspective, context, information, creativity, and fun. Providing a unique and comprehensive overview of this vibrant and continually evolving industry, Magazine Publishing and The Magazine from
Cover to Cover have now been thoroughly revised and updated in a new single edition: The Magazine from Cover to Cover, Second Edition. For anyone wanting to learn about magazine publishing--whether you are a professional currently working within the industry, or a student who wants to design, edit,
and manage magazines in the future--this book is a valuable and timely resource. It provides a fascinating perspective on the rich history of magazines in America, an overview of present publication practices, discussion of groundbreaking research, and a look forward to the challenges and
opportunities in store for the industry.
Combining extensive research with an engaging and attractive presentation, this wide-ranging study encompasses consumer titles, the business press, organization and association publications, public relations magazines, and imprint and custom publishing. Case histories of selected magazines are
included, as are insights from publishers and editors. Comments from top magazine professionals on specific industry issues, ranging from ad-free magazines to celebrity journalism, are included.
This second edition has been updated to include coverage of: * Circulation and advertising trends and data * The effects of evolving media and new technology on magazines and their staffs, including the evolution of job titles and responsibilities * The expansion and influenceof custom publishing
* The growth of international publishing * The continuing merger of advertising and editorial, resulting in magalogs, magazines with a single advertising sponsor, and an overall increase in advertising pressure on editorial * Details on demographic changes, represented in increased titles for: *
ethnic groups including Latinos, Blacks, and Asians * age groups including children ages 2-4 years, teens, and young men * The challenges of responding to shareholders as well as to readers
|Title:||The Magazine from Cover to Cover||Publisher:||Oxford University Press, USA|
|Author:||Sammye Johnson, Patricia Prijatel|
|No. of Pages:||382|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.