Occasionally, listeners' strategies for dealing with casual speech lead them into an erroneous perception of the intended message--a slip of the ear. When such errors occur, listeners report hearing, as clearly and distinctly as any correctly perceived stretch of speech, something that does not correspond to the speaker's utterance. This book describes and analyzes a collection of almost 1000 examples of misperceptions from real-life conversations.
Content Coverage Includes:
* Complete data set of misperceptions in casual conversation
* Language understanding in ordinary circumstances
* Classifications and descriptions according to linguistic properties
About the Author :
Zinny S Bond has contributed to Slips of the Ear: Errors in the Perception of Casual Conversation as an author.
Ohio University, Athens
|Title:||Slips of the Ear: Errors in the Perception of Casual Conversation||Publisher:||Academic Press|
|Author:||Zinny S Bond|
|No. of Pages:||212|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.