In today-s volatile, complex and fast-moving business world, it can be difficult to gauge how sound a company really is. An apparently strong balance sheet and impressive reported profits may be hiding all kinds of worrying truths, which could even include looming bankruptcy. So, how do you tell how well run a company is and how well it is doing?
- Which ratios and benchmarks are best to use when assessing a company-s performance?
- How do you recognise danger signs on the corporate horizon?
- What may be done to massage company results?
- How do you make comparisons between companies in different
sectors or different countries?
All these questions as well as many more are answered in this fully revised and updated, clear and comprehensive guide to how businesses can be analysed and assessed.
Contents: Introduction - Part 1 Understanding the basics - The annual report - and what underlies it - The balance sheet - The income statement - The cash flow statement - Part 2 Assessing the facts - Guidelines for financial analysis - Measuring profitability - Measuring efficiency - Working capital and liquidity - Capital and valuation - Strategy, success and failure - Part 3 Useful benchmarks - Practical examples of ratio analysis - Glossary - Abbreviations and acronyms - Index
About the Author:
A. H. (Bob) Vause is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and an Emeritus Fellow of Green Templeton College, Oxford. For more than 20 years, as a Fellow of Templeton College, he taught the university-s undergraduate and postgraduate students and directed a wide range of executive programmes. Before that he held posts at Manchester Business School and the Oxford Centre for Management Studies. He is the author of several books and has consulted with many large companies on a wide variety of matters affecting control and performance.
Professionals in banking sector, share market, students of management.
|Title:||Guide to Analysing Companies||Publisher:||Profile Books|
|No. of Pages:||336|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.