Infibeam offers 30 days replacement guarantee for all products sold on Infibeam.com, under certain conditions which are mentioned below. Customers will notify us of any damage or defect within 72 hours from the date of receipt of delivery of the products, in case customer fails to inform Infibeam within the stipulated time frame, Infibeam reserves the right to accept or reject such request at its discretion. Infibeam will replace the defective product with a brand new product at no extra cost.
Infibeam will try to replace the specific product ordered. However, the company reserves the right to offer an alternate product in case the product is out of stock/ production.
The 30days replacement guarantee is valid only in cases of manufacturing defects and transport damages and is invalid in cases of damages due to normal wear & tear and negligence on part of the customer. The return policy is also not valid for certain products such as Cakes, Flowers, gifts, etc. Should customers come across any issue with such products, they are advised to contact customer service within 72 hours, failing which we may decide not take a request for replacement.
Digital content such as e-books is not returnable at all.
List Price:525 Our Price:420 You Save: 105
FREE Shipping in India!
Ships in 5-10 business days.
The book provides an in-depth coverage of the four key components of industrial relations: the conceptual foundations, the institutional structure and policy framework, the role of government, and industrial relations in unionized organizations.
Industrial Relations is a comprehensive textbook specially designed to meet the needs of management students. The book explores core concepts of industrial relations through managerial applications and supplements them with detailed case studies. It provides an in-depth coverage of the four key components of industrial relations: the conceptual foundations, the institutional structure and policy framework, the role of government, and industrial relations in unionized organizations. Among the important topics covered are: the labour force in India, the approaches to industrial relations, industrial relations in a comparative framework, management and employers' associations, trade unions and their structures, collective bargaining, and tripartism and social dialogue. Also discussed are the role of government in industrial relations, working conditions and industrial safety, dispute resolution and industrial harmony, social security, grievance and discipline handling, and the impact of international labour standards on labour policy. Users would find this book highly useful for its application-oriented approach to industrial relations, explained through illustrative examples, relevant case studies, tables, and illustrations.Explores the emerging issues in industrial relations, such as labour law reform, employment security and management of redundancies, and technological change and industrial relations
Examines the challenges faced by business organizations in industrial relations
Contains classroom-tested case studies of Indian and international organizations
Includes relevant labour procedures and codes and recommendations of the national labour commissions
Provides concept review questions, critical thinking exercises, and classroom and field projects, such as group discussions and analytical reporting, at the end of the chaptersMBA students1. Economy and the Labour Force in India The Indian Economy Labour Force in India: Structure, Composition, and Trends Key Issues and Critical Challenges Case StudyKerala: Is Labour the Problem of Slow Economic Development?1 Annexure1.1 Terms of Reference of the First and the Second NCL
2. Approaches to Industrial Relations Meaning and Scope of Industrial Relations The Systems Framework Theoretical Perspectives Rule-making and Industrial Relations Basic Concepts and Values Substance of a Sound Industrial Relations System
3. Industrial Relations in a Comparative Framework Industrialization Strategy and Industrial Relations1 Globalization and Industrial Relations Case StudyParental Impositions
4. Management and Employers Organizations Origin and Growth Case Study Annexure4.1 Demands put upon the Organizational Structure of an Interest Association by the Different Functions of Representation and Control
5. Trade UnionsTheoretical Foundations and Legal Framework Theories of Trade Union Movement Trade Unions in India Trade Unions and Econonomic Development Legal Framework Trade Union Recognition Union Recognition Agreement The Problem of the Free Rider Non-union Firms Case StudySupreme Court Judgement in the Case of Tamil Nadu Government Staff Strike Annexure5.1 Membership Verification Procedure 5.2 Draft Procedure for Determination of Relative Strength of Unions Operating in Establishments under the Central Sphere by Secret Ballot 5.3 Code of Discipline and Criteria for Recognition of Unions 5.4 Illustrative Checklist of Items in an Agreement with a Union as a Recognized Union
6. Trade Union Structures Models of National Trade Union Movements International Trade Union Federations Trade Union Structures at the National Level Managerial Trade Unions Women in Trade Unions Multiple Unionism Trade Union Unity and Trade Union Mergers Future Directions Case StudyMerger Blues Annexure6.1 Global Trade Union Federations 6.2 Trade Union Congress 6.3 Three Wings of a Union 6.4 Nine Principles of Trade Union Unity
7. Management of Trade Unions in India Trade Union Constitution Trade Union Functions Internal Challenges External Challenges Leadership and Organizational Issues Case StudyTrade Union Democracy Annexure7.1 Brief Profiles of 5 Major Central Trade Union Federations and Excerpts from their Constitutions
8. Collective Bargaining The Concept The Nature of Collective Bargaining The Legal Framework of Collective Bargaining Levels of Bargaining and Agreements Collective Bargaining and Stakeholders Negotiating Techniques and Skills1 Drafting of an Agreement Annexure8.1 Code of Discipline in Industry 8.2 Criteria for Recognition of Unions
9. Tripartism and Social Dialogue Introduction Types and Levels of Tripartite Agreements Assessment of the Working of Tripartism Bipartite Consultative Machinery Social Dialogue and the Reform Process Bipartisms Link with Tripartism Strengthening Tripartite Social Dialogue Case StudyCode of Discipline: An Obituary
10. The Role of Government in Industrial Relations Divergent Perspectives Types of Government Interventions The Means of State Intervention Role of State in Industrial Relations at the State Level Future Role of the Government Case StudyPower Sector Reforms Leave Employees in the Lurch Annexure10.1 Main Recommendations of the Second National Commission on Labour
11. The Contract of Employment The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946 Model Standing Orders on Additional Items Applicable to all Industries (Schedule 1-B) Shops and Establishments Acts Inter-state Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1979 The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 Global Production Systems and the Evolving Phase of Employment Relationships Case StudyNotice of Change Before Introducing VRS Annexure11.1 Contract Labour Code (Draft)
12. Public Policy and Wage and Reward Systems Wage Theories Wage System in India The Payment of Wages Act, 1936 Minimum Wages Act, 1948 The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 Profit Sharing and Stock Options Institutional Framework National Wage Policy Wage Policy at the Company Level Pay Structures Components of a Pay Structure Contemporary Issues in Wage System Case StudyGrass Cutter Vs Gas Cutter
13. Working Conditions, Safety, Health, and Environment Working Conditions, Occupational Health, and Safety Organization Commitment Case StudyWas it an Electric Shock?
14. Dispute Resolution and Industrial Harmony Industrial Conflict Legal Framework: The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 Notice of Change (Chapter IIA) Reference of Disputes to Boards, Courts, or Tribunals Voluntary Reference of Disputes to Arbitration (Section 10A) Procedure, Powers, and Duties of Authorities General Prohibition on Strikes and Lockouts (Sec 22 to 25) Unfair Labour Practices Miscellaneous Matters (Chapter VII) Contents v Recommendations of the Second National Commission on Labour (2002) Limitations of Dispute Settlement Under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 Guiding Framework for Sound LabourManagement Relations Case Studies Unrest at Maruti CGC Limited1 Annexure14.1 Industrial Dispute at CGC Limited 14.2 Frustration of Contract 14.3 Company Statement Regarding the Strike 14.4 Frustration of Contractunions response 14.5 Memorandum of Settlement Under Section 12 of the Industrial Disputes Act Chapter 152 of the Legislative Enactments of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka 14.6 31.03.1993 Ratmalana Establishment Factory and Head Office 31.10.1992 14.7 Employment at Ratmalana Factory
15. Labour Administration Labour Administrative Machinery Improving Labour Inspection Strengthening Conciliation Strengthening Labour Court Administration Promoting Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
16. Social Security Social Security System in the Organized Sector Indian Constitution and Legal Framework Mfety, Occupational Health, and Welfare Funds Social Security Reform During the Period of Structural Adjustment Annexure16.1 Select Social Security Conventions of the ILO 16.2 Social Security for Government Employees
17. Issues in Labour Policy and Labour Law Reform Key Concerns in Labour Policy Reviewing the Link between the Parliament, the Judiciary, and the Executive Annexure17.1 The Second National Labour Commission Major Recommendations 17.2 Terms of Reference of the First and the Second NCL
18. Employee Participation and LabourManagement Cooperation Decision Taking to Decision-makingParticipation or Association with Management? Case Studies 18.1: Company Experiences 18.2: Cases on Individual Enterprises Annexure18.1 Participation of Workers in Management Bill 1990
19. Grievances and Discipline Handling Managing Employee Grievance The Nature and Causes of Grievance The Grievance Procedure Managing Discipline Case StudiesCoolers as Basins Annexure19.1 Guiding Principles for a Grievance Procedure (1958) 19.2 Constitution of Grievance Committee
20. Employment Security and Management of Redundancies The Legal Framework Voluntary/Early Retirement Schemes (VRS) Case Studies
21. Technological Change and Industrial Relations Technological Change Case StudiesDurga Steel Limited1 Annexure21.1 New Technolgoy: Checklist of Bargaining Issues
22. Management of Industrial Relations Managing Good Industrial Relations Future of Industrial Relations
23. Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations Management Philosophy and Approaches Integrative Approaches to Human Resource Management Human Resources Development HRM-IR-HRD Integration Case StudiesHonda Motorcycles and Scooters India Ltd (HMSI)*
24. Labour Statistics, Labour Research, and Worker Education Labour Statistics Labour Research Case StudiesLies and Statistics: Bring Credibility Back to Indias Numbers Annexure24.1 Returns and Compliances 24.2 Quarterly/Half-Yearly/Annual Returns 24.3 Identification of the Gaps in the Current Labour Statistics Collected in India vis--vis the ILO Convention No. 160 and Recommendation No. 170
25. ILO, India, And International Labour Standards ILO and India The Case of India Case StudiesOlympic Knitwear Annexure25.1 ILO Conventions Ratified by the Government of India 25.2 Components of Social Clause and Indian Legislation
The book Industrial Relations by
(author) is published or distributed by OUP [0195671082, 9780195671087].
This particular edition was published on or around 2006-03-01 date.
Industrial Relations is available for use in Paperback binding.
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.