This book presents a balanced exposition of the basic principles and contemporary developments in switchgears and power system protection. Important Features: Both vacuum and SF6 circuit breakers discussed along with different kinds of switchgears; Construction details and testing techniques of circuit breakers explained; In addition to electromagnetic relays, both static and microprocessor-based relays explained for power system protection; Reliability of power system protection discussed; Several solved examples and unsolved problems presented.
Table of Contents:
1. Circuit Breakers and Switchgears.
2. Modern Circuit Breakers: Construction and Testing.
3. Protective Relays.
4. Static Relays.
5. Protection of Generators.
6. Protection of Transformers, Busbars and Motors.
7. Protection of Transmission Lines.
8. Modern Trends in Power System Protection.
9. Reliability and Protection.
10. Power system Transient Protection.