More buying options by other sellers on infibeam.com
"At a time when our dominant economic culture has reduced 'value' to simply money, Eric Aarons reminds us that ethical, moral and emotional values must underpin our economic system and culture if we are to builda socially cohesive and environmentally sustainable world." Steve Keen, Associate Professor of Economics, University of Western Sydney
"This book lucidly grounds neo-liberalism in its historical, philosophical and political context(s), with the aim of suggesting viable alternatives for today. Aarons' starting point is the crucial role of morals and values in politics, and he begins with a convincing critique of the values underlying neo-liberalism. He also argues that Marxism, as it developed, buried its own values in the assertion that social change occurred according to 'laws' somewhat similar to those applying in the physical world -- a mistake that had serious consequences." Stuart Macintyre, Professor of History, Melbourne University
- Demonstrates where neo-liberal values are wrong
- Opposes the extremes of neo-liberal and socialist doctrines
- Shows that human nature is the outcome of interacting biology, culture and psychology
- Discusses the nature, sources and function of morals values] in human society
- Opposes terrorism, the 'Clash of Civilisations' thesis, and United States' current policies
- Suggests strategies, tactics and policies for social change and environmental sustainability
The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.