Essentials Of Vlsi Circuits And Systems Description
About the Book :
The progress made in microelectronics and photon-based sciences, coupled with the emergence of nanotechnology, is enabling development of novel VLSI circuits and systems with extraordinary new properties relevant to nearly every sector of the economy.
In this new book, the authors (the first two are senior, established authors) use their pedagogical skills and professional expertise to present the fundamentals of silicon-based VLSI design topics as the enabler of future systems. The book offers comprehensive coverage of the essential matters for the design of digital circuits in NMOS, CMOS and BiCMOS technologies. It is an accessible and well-structured textbook that provides insights into concepts and illustrates, through numerous examples, links between circuits, logic, and system design.
About the Author :
DOUGLAS A. PUCKNELL, Ph.D., served in the Electrical Branch of the Royal Navy, and subsequently served in the industry before taking up teaching and research at the University of Adelaide, where he obtained his Ph.D. degree in 1973. His teaching and research interests lie in the field of Digital Systems, Microcomputer-based Engineering and in VLSI design.Dr.KAMRAN ESHRAGHIAN, Ph.D., joined the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Adelaide in 1979 after spending some 10 years with Philips Research. He co-founded several high technology companies, providing intimate links between university research and industry. In 2004, he founded Eshraghian Laboratories Pty Ltd as part of his evolutionary vision for horizontal integration of nanoelectronics, with that of VLSI, bio and photon-based technologies thus creating a new platform for future industries. In the same year, he was awarded Dr Ing e.h. by University of Ulm, Germany, for his contributions towards integrating microelectronics with photonic technology.SHOLEH ESHRAGHIAN, MEngSc, currently, is the R&D director at the Eshraghian Laboratories Pty Ltd in Perth, Western Australia. Earlier, she spent a period of time at the University of Las Palmas, Spain and University of Ulm, Germany working on enhancement of design environment for VLSI systems. Her research interests have been mainly directed towards 3-D architectures and CAD tools.
Design exercises and challenging CMOS design projects are included to provide hands-on experience.
Real-world micro-based rule sets are included to provide a feel of more effective designs.
Architectural issues related to deep submicron technologies (DST) and indepth treatment of the recent advances are lucidly presented.
Gives logical and established design parameters and processes.
The material covered in this book is classroom tested by the authors over a number of years. It covers essentials of VLSI design in a style that makes for easy reading by students and prepares them to embark upon challenging design takes ahead.
List of Color Plates.
About the Authors.
1. A Review of Microelectronics and An Introduction to MOS Technology. 2. Basic Electrical Properties of MOS and BiCMOS Circuits. 3. MOS and BiCMOS Circuit Design Processes. 4. Basic Circuit Concepts. 5. Scaling of MOS Circuits. 6. Subsystem Design and Layout. 7. Subsystem Design Processes. 8. Illustration of the Design Process-Computational Elements. 9. Memory, Registers, and Aspects of System Timing. 10. Practical Aspects and Testability. 11. Some CMOS Design Projects. 12. From Algorithms to Layout-Designers' Thought Process. 13. Scalable Multiplication.
Appendices- A. 2.0 Micron Double Poly. Double Metal n-well CMOS-Electrical Parameters. b. 1.2 Micron Single Poly. Double Metal n-well and p-well CMOS-Design Rules and Process and Device Specifications. C. The Programmable Logic Array (PLA).
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.