This coursebook has been prepared for students at the intermediate level. The first
part of the course deals with grammar and the second part deals with composition.
The course in grammar aims to
- familiarise learners with the rules of grammar and usage, and
- give practice in using the grammatical structures acuurately and appropriately.
The course in composition aims to develop learners' ability to write cohesively and coherently using appropriate vocabulary on familiar topics. Minimal teacher guidance will be required to do the tasks.
Some of the key features of the book:
- Simple and clear explanations: Grammatical explanations are made in simple language with minimal use of jargon.
- Focus on form and function: Each topic is dealt with in two parts. The first focuses on the form of the staructure and the second on its function.
Extensive practice: The practice section is divided into two. The first part aims to give learners a firm grounding in the form of the structure and the second part aims to enable the learners to use the structure in situations.
- Writing for academic purposes: The composition section deals with writing skills that are useful for studying all subjects through English.
- Writing for life: The composition section also aims to develop learners' skills for using English for written communication in everyday life.
PART I: Grammar
Compound and Complex Sentences I
Compound and Complex Sentences II
The Simple Present I
The Simple Present II
The Simple Past I
The Simple Past II
The Progressive I
The Progressive II
The Perfective I
The Perfective II
The Future I
The Future II
Relative Clauses I
Relative Clauses II
Conditional Clauses I
Conditional Clauses II
Non-Finite Clauses I
Non-Finite Clauses II
Nouns and Determiners I
Nouns and Determiners II
Reported Speech I
Reported Speech II
PART II: Composition
Paragraph Writing I
Paragraph Writing II
Paragraph Writing III
Letters and Forms I
Letters and Forms II
Letters and Forms III
The Essay I
The Essay II
|Title:||A Course in Grammar and Composition: with Answers (Intermediate)||Publisher:||Cambridge University Press India|
|No. of Pages:||348|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.