|In Stock. 2-3 business days|
About the Book :
Operations Research: Theory and Applications, is a comprehensive text for courses in Quantitative Methods, Operations Research, Management Science, Analytical Methods for Decision-Making, and other related subjects. This fourth edition of the book further enhances the easy-to-understand approach employed in the first three editions. It continues to provide readers an understanding of problem-solving methods based upon a careful discussion of model formulation, solution procedures and analysis. Salient Features - Almost all chapters have been reorganized and/or rewritten to facilitate better and easier understanding of concepts and text material. - Each chapter contains Preview and Learning Objectives to guide the students to focus their attention to understand a specific topic under study. - Most chapters contain 'Cases' to help students to understand business situations and suggest solutions to certain managerial issues that are raised using specific technique of operatio
About the Author :
Professor J K Sharma, formerly a professor at the Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, has more thane 30 years of teaching experience in Operations Research, Business Statistics, Business Mathematics and Logistics Management. He was awarded the Madan Mohan Gold Medal for securing First position in MSc (Mathematics) examination. He has been a Visiting Professor at Group ESSEC (A Graduate School of Management) in France during 1992-94. He has authored 18 books, which have been widely appreciated by the students of undergraduate and postgraduate classes of all the Indian Universities/Management Institutes, and has also written more than 100 research papers/case studies. He is the member of Board of Studies/Academic Council of several schools of Management and Universities in the country. Prof. Sharma is actively involved in research projects and is also involved in conducting executive development programmes for both public and private sector companies.
1. Operations Research: An Introduction
2. Linear Programming: Applications and Model Formulation
3. Linear Programming: The Graphical Method
4. Linear Programming: Simplex Method
5. Duality in Linear Programming
6. Sensitivity Analysis in Linear Programming
7. Integer Linear Programming
8. Goal Programming
9. Transportation Problem
10. Assignment Problem
11. Decision Theory and Decision Trees
12. Theory of Games
13. Project Management: PERT and CPM
14. Deterministic Inventory Control Models
15. Probabilistic Inventory Control Models
16. Queuing Theory
17. Replacement and Maintenance Models
18. Markov Chains
20. Sequencing Problem
21. Information Theory
22. Dynamic Programming
23. Classical Optimization Methods
24. Non-Linear Programming Methods
25. Theory of Simplex Method
26. Revised Simplex Method
27. Dual-Simplex Method
28. Bounded Variables LP Problem
29. Parametric Linear Programming
Appendix A: Pre-Study for Operations Research
Appendix B: Selected Tables Selected References,
|Title:||Operations Research : Theory And Application, 4/e PB||Publisher:||Macmillan Publishers India|
|Edition:||Paperback Fourth Edition|
|No. of Pages:||976|
Thanks to infibeam.com, The delivery time was really impressive . As against the promised delivery time of 3-5 business days, the book was delivered on the 2nd business day itself.
It is an excellent book to read for MBA and other professional cources candidates.
|linear progromming||0||Jul 14, 2010 5:43:03 PM|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.