Chapter Features to Enhance Students' Knowledge of Jesus:
- Review Questions help summarize each main section
- Writing and Discussion prompts offer ways to reflect on material and apply it to the students' lives
- Vocabulary terms are defined in the Glossary of Selected Terms
- "Jesus, Friend and Savior" feature includes practical applications for furthering study including activities, questions and answers apologetic in nature, and a prayer.
"The definitive aim of catechesis is to put people not only in touch but in communion, in intimacy, with Jesus Christ." These words of Pope John Paul II are quoted in the first sentence of the United States Catholic Bishops Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age. The intention of the new Framework is similar: it provides the course structure and content instruction to serve as a way for high school students to know Jesus Christ, to grow in relationship with him, and to live according to the truth he has given us.
After several consultations through its development with bishops, diocesan leaders, teachers, catechists, and publishers, the full body of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops unanimously approved the Framework in 2007. One of its first objectives was to provide guidance to publishers who create instructional materials for use both in Catholic high schools and parish youth ministry programs.
Scpope and Sequence
Besides providing doctrinal elements for a curriculum, the Framework also strongly suggests a sequence to shape a four-year, eight-semester course of catechetical studies. There are six coresemester-length courses that the bishops strongly recommend be offered in the order they appear in the Framework.
Those courses are:
I. The Revelation of Jesus Christ in Scripture
The Scriptures trace the coming of Jesus, the Christ.
II. Who Is Jesus Christ?
Jesus is the ultimate revelation from God.
III. The Mission of Jesus Christ (The Paschal Mystery)
Our redemption only comes in and through Jesus.
IV. Jesus Christ Continues the Mission in the Church.
The Church is the Body of Christ where we meet Jesus today.
V. Sacraments as Privileged Encounters with Jesus Christ
We can encounter Christ in a full and complete way in the Sacraments.
VI. Life in Jesus Christ
There are moral principles that govern the life of Christ's disciples.
In addition five possible elective courses appear in this Framework as options for the other two semesters. Those courses have been titled Sacred Scripture, History of the Catholic Church, Living as a Disciple of Jesus Christ in Society (Social Justice), Responding to the Call of Jesus Christ (Marriage and Holy Orders), Ecumenical and Interreligious Issues
Online Resources Include:
- Study Guide
- Crossword Puzzles
- Review Questions
- Prayer Services
- And More
|Title:||Catholic Essentials: An Overview of the Faith||Publisher:||Ave Maria Press|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.
Safe & Secure Shopping