|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
Supply Chain Management: Process, System, and Practice is a comprehensive textbook designed specially to meet the requirements of management students.
It aims to familiarize the reader with the fundamentals of the supply chain process and the approaches to achieving excellence in this field.
Beginning with an overview of the key concepts, the book goes on to discuss the structure and decision hierarchy of supply chain management. It describes the supply chain flow and introduces the different aspects of the global supply chain. The subsequent chapters elucidate supply chain models and information technology applications in supply chain. The book concludes with a discussion on supply chain organizational issues and the approaches to assessment and excellence.
Readers will find this book valuable for its in-depth coverage, numerous examples, illustrations, flow charts, and data tables.
Discusses in detail the new business models and the applications of technology in supply chain management Provides several exhibits from leading Indian companies to facilitate better understanding Includes an entire chapter comprising case studies of renowned companies such as Redington (India) Limited, Cargomen Logistics (India) Private Limited, Clifton Export, and Sambandam Spinning Mills Limited Contains numerous project assignments, along with concept and critical thinking questions
In the CD Audio interviews with leading supply chain professionals Excel snapshots with formulae-based sheets on supply chain planning, network decision-making, and transportation
1. Introduction to Supply Chain
2. Supply Chain Structure
3. Supply Chain Drivers-
Role and Relevance
4. Decision Environment
5. Strategic Decisions in Supply Chain
6. Role of Transportation in Supply Chain
7. Network Decisions- Key Balancing Issue
8. Role of Sourcing in Supply Chain
9. Supply Chain Tactical Planning
10. Role of Inventory Management in SCM
11. Key Operational Aspects in
12. Managing Obstacles and Enabling Coordination in Supply Chain
13. Global Supply Chain Perspectives
14. New Business Models with Technology and Process Integration
15. Information Technology in SCM
16. Application of Technology in SCM
17. Approach to Supply Chain Assessment and Excellence
18. Supply Chain Organizational Issues
19. Supply Chain Performance Management