This textbook includes exposure to plant & shop layout, industrial safety, engineering materials and their heat treatment, bench work and fitting, smithy and forging, sheet metal work, wood and wood working, foundry, welding, mechanical working and machine shop practices. A greater stress has been laid on pictorial representation of various hand tools, operators and machine tools rather than giving exhaustive write up on various topics. The matter has been presented in a structured manner and in an easy to understand language, which can be mastered easily by students of various disciplines. Attention has also been paid to the fact that the text as well as the diagrams can be easily reproduced by the students in theory examinations.
The book will be useful for the students of engineering, supervisors, tool room personnel and operators working in manufacturing and other industries.
About the Author(s):S. K. Garg
is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Seth Jai Parkash Mukand Lal Institute of Engg. & Tech. (JMIT), Radaur (Yamunanagar). He did his B.Tech. (Hons.) in Mechanical Engineering (Specialization in Manufacturing Technology) from SLIET, Longowal and M.Tech. (Production) from GNDEC, Ludhiana. He has seven years' experience of teaching this subject. He also has one year industrial experience as a tool room planner. He has published a number of research papers in national journals and conferences.
2. Plant and Shop Layout
3. Industrial Safety
4. Fundamentals of Metals and Alloys
5. Properties of Engineering Materials
6. Testing and Inspection of Metals
7. Ferrous Metals and Alloys
8. Non-Ferrous Metals and Alloys
9. Heat Treatment of Metals and Alloys
10. Bench Work and Fitting
11. Smithy and Forging
12. Sheet Metal Work
13. Wood and Wood Working (Carpentry)
14. Pattern Making
15. Foundry Tools and Equipments
16. Moulding and Core Making
17. Special Casting Methods
18. Casting Defects, Cleaning and Inspection
19. Welding : A Fabrication Process
20. Gas Welding
21. ARC Welding
22. Resistance Welding
23. Solid State Welding
24. Thermo Chemical Welding
25. Radiant Energy Welding
26. Brazing, Braze Welding and Soldering
27. Welding Defects
28. Mechanical Working of Metals
29. Machine Tools (Introduction)
|Title:||Workshop Technology (Manufacturing Process)||Publisher:||Laxmi|
|Author:||S K Garg|
|No. of Pages:||518|
|industrial safety||0||Aug 25, 2010 12:26:34 PM|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.