About the Book :
This up-to-date and contemporary book is designed as a first level undergraduate text on micro-processors for the students of engineering (computer science, electrical, electronics, telecommunication, instrumentation), computer applications and information technology. It gives a clear exposition of the architecture, programming and interfacing and applications of 8085 microprocessor. Besides, it provides a brief introduction to 8086 and 8088 Intel microprocessors. The book focusses on :
About the Author :N. K. SRINATH
- microprocessors starting from 4004 to 80586.
- instruction set of 8085 microprocessor giving the clear picture of the operations at the machine level.
- the various steps of the assembly language program development cycle.
- the hardware architecture of microcomputer built with the 8085 microprocessor.
- the role of the hardware interfaces: memory, input-output and interrupt, in relation to overall microcomputer system operation.
- peripheral chips such as 8255, 8253, 8259, 8257 and 8279 to interface with 8085 microprocessor and to program it for different applications.
is Professor and Head, Department of Information Science and Engineering, R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore. He has more than 20 years of teaching experience in the field of computer science and engineering. His areas of interests include advanced microprocessors, parallel processing, system software and computer organization and architecture. Presently he is working on storage area network. A life member of ISTE and CSI and a fellow member of IETE, Prof. Srinath has also authored five books on Computer Science.Contents :Foreword. Preface. Acknowledgements. 1.
Introduction to Microprocessors. 2.
8085 Microprocessor. 3.
Instruction Set [Intel 8085]. 4.
Fundamentals of Programming. 5.
Semiconductor Memory. 6.
Input-Output Interface. 7.
Programmable Peripheral Interface 8255A. 8.
Programmable Internal Timer 8253. 9.
Programmable Interrupt Controller 8259A. 10.
Programmable DMA Controller 8257. 11.
Serial Data Transfer. 12.
Programmable Keyboard-Display Interface (8279). 13.
8086 Microprocessor Architecture. 14.
8086 Pin-Configuration. Appendix. Index.