Maps are what make it possible to travel far from home, over land and sea, and still have a good idea where we are. This unique series takes a look at different types of maps, how they're made, and what areas they service. These books teach young cartographers and travel fans how to understand the ins and outs of maps and navigation, exploration using maps, maps and measurements, and how maps chart our world.
- Each of eight volumes explores distinct specialties within cartography
- Colorful maps demonstrate all the potential uses for maps and globes
- Filled with primary source material
- Well-organized information, photos, and captions
- Meets curriculum standards for the Age of Exploration
- Teaches basic map skills and navigation
- Supplements math standards for measurement and geometry