A practical guide to effectively using, customizing, and extending the build engine. As software complexity increases, proper build practices become ever more important. This essential reference drills inside MSBuild-and shows how to maximize your control over the build and deployment process. Learn how to customize and extend build processes with MSBuild-and scale them to the team, product, or enterprise level with Team Foundation Build.
Discover how to:
* Create and modify MSBuild files-outside the Visual Studio IDE
* Use XML-based syntax to declare dynamic properties and items
* Apply built-in tasks or write your own
* Customize the build process-adding code generation, unit testing, or code analysis
* Use batching and incremental builds to reduce build times
* Invoke external tools in scripts and create reusable files
* Start and stop services
* Set assembly versions and extend the clean process
* Configure, customize, and extend Team Build-and automate build from end to end
Inside The Microsoft Build Engine: Using Msbuild And Team Foundation Build
The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.