About the Book :
The design of the eLearning Kit reflects the increasing interconnectedness of traditional learning materials with interactive online components. The book/CD-Rom package offers both to the user to use together or separately, but still giving guidance for a productive and flexible learning experience.
The Office 2010 eLearning Kit For Dummies BOOK:
• Illustrations, screenshots, pictures, etc. help guide the reader through each chapter.
• Descriptive learning goals that clearly define chapter content and help learners determine whether the coverage matches the instruction they are seeking.
• Directed, but flexible, learning path that enables learners to easily follow a linear learning path or jump to selected material.
• Tutorial pedagogy gives learners hands-on involvement and learn by doing.
• Assessment mechanisms, including chapter summaries that offer additional practice exercises, concise descriptions of key concepts, and definitions of essential terms.
The Office 2010 eLearning Kit For Dummies CD:
• A complete multi-hour online course includes lessons and then tasks within each lesson. Each course includes a topic map; objectives and overview; tabs for notes, alphabetical glossary, and additional reading material; self-assessment questions; and loads of practice exercises.
• Interactivity offers immediate reinforcement of applied hands-on learning.
• Integrated audio and video instruction - narrator goes through everything that is happening on the screen, including screencasts, illustrations, animations, and video.
• Easy to navigate using simple-to-use controls that allow the learner to go through the course content.
• Closed captioning available for learners that want to read what the narrator is saying.
• Progress tracking gives learners the ability to track which lessons/tasks have been completed so that learners can go at their own pace.
About the Author :
Faithe Wempen is an associate instructor at Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI). She teaches Computer Hardware and Software Architecture. She is an online instructor for Powered.com where she develops and teaches courses on Microsoft Office applications, PC purchase and upgrade, home office setup/maintenance, and emerging hardware technologies.