|In Stock. 3-5 business days|
Inspiring and motivating students from the moment it published, Organic Chemistry has established itself in just one edition as the student's choice of an organic chemistry text.
The second edition refines and refocuses Organic Chemistry to produce a text that is even more student-friendly, coherent, and logical in its presentation than before.
Like the first, the second edition is built on three principles:
An explanatory approach, through which the reader is motivated to understand the subject and not just learn the facts;
A mechanistic approach, giving the reader the power to understand compounds and reactions never previously encountered;
An evidence-based approach, setting out clearly how and why reactions happen as they do, giving extra depth to the reader's understanding.
The authors write clearly and directly, sharing with the reader their own fascination with the subject, and leading them carefully from topic to topic. Their honest and open narrative flags pitfalls and misconceptions, guiding the reader towards a complete picture of organic chemistry and its universal themes and principles.
The text is also available as a CourseSmart Ebook at www.CourseSmart.com (ISBN 9780191645587, $67). Please contact your Oxford University Press Sales Representative at 800-280-0280 for more information.
The Companion Website (www.oup.com/uk/orc/bin/9780199270293), available to all adopters of the text, includes:
- 3D Organic Animations: Link to chemtube3d to view interactive 3D animations developed by the author
- Additional Chapters: Four chapters from the first edition that do not appear in the second
- Errata: Corrections to the book since publication
- End-of-Chapter Questions: A range of problems to accompany each chapter
- Figures in PowerPoint: Figures pre-inserted into PowerPoint for use in lectures and handouts
- Problems: Problems to accompany each chapter from the new edition of Organic Chemistry will be posted in the student area of the book's Companion Website throughout the year (April, June, and December 2012)
Please contact your Oxford Sales Representative or call 800-280-0280 for details.
|Title:||Organic Chemistry||Publisher:||Oxford University Press, USA|
|Author:||Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves, Stuart Warren|
|No. of Pages:||1,250|
* The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
* These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels, story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.