More buying options by other sellers on infibeam.com
About the Book:
The industry-leading Sentence Correction Guide delves into every major principle and minor subtlety of grammar tested on the GMAT. From its comprehensive list of GMAT-specific idioms to its tailored coverage of topics such as pronouns and parallelism, this guide teaches exactly what students need for GMAT Sentence Correction—and nothing that they don’t.
About the Author:
In the last decade, Manhattan GMAT has grown from a single, dedicated tutor to a major test prep company with locations across the US and internationally. Our philosophy is simple: We aim to help students achieve their goals by providing the best curriculum and the highest-quality instructors in the industry. Manhattan GMAT hires fewer than 1 in 10 qualified applicants for its teaching positions, ensuring every instructor has years of experience and a 99th percentile score. So you can trust our books are developed by the very best.
Chapter by Chapter
1. Sentence Correction Basics Question Format; “Best” Does Not Mean Ideal; Understand the Sentence, Then Split the Answers; Put Your Answer Back In; Using This Book
2. Grammar & Meaning Grammar: A Closer Look; Meaning: A Closer Look; Meaning: Choose Your Words; Meaning: Place Your Words; Meaning: Match Your Words; Meaning: Avoid Redundancy; What About Concision?
3. Subject-Verb Agreement Subject and Verb Must Both Exist; Subject and Verb Must Make Sense Together; Subject and Verb Must Agree in Number; Eliminate the Middlemen, and Skip the Warmup; Use Structure to Decide; And vs. Additive Phrases; Or, Either… Or, & Neither… Nor; Collective Nouns: Almost Always Singular; Indefinite Pronouns: Usually Singular; Each and Every: Singular Sensations; Quantity Words and Phrases; Subject Phrases and Clauses: Always Singular; Flip It!; When in Doubt, Think Singular
4. Parallelism Parallel Markers; Parallel Elements; Lists with And; Idioms with Built-In Parallel Structure; Superficial Parallelism vs. Actual Parallelism; Watch Out for Linking Verbs
5. Pronouns The Antecedent Must Exist; The Antecedent & Pronoun Must Make Sense Together; The Antecedent & Pronoun Must Agree in Number; The Deadly Five: It, Its, They, Them, Their; This, That, These, and Those; What About Ambiguity?
6. Modifiers Adjectives and Adverbs; Noun Modifiers; Position of Noun Modifiers; Watch Out for Possessives; Noun Modifiers with Relative Pronouns; Essential vs. Non-Essential Noun Modifiers; Verb Modifiers; Which vs. the Present Participle-ing
7. Verb Tense, Mood, & Voice Simple Tenses; Progressive Tenses; Make Tenses Reflect Meaning; The Perfect Tenses: An Introduction; Present Perfect: Still In Effect…; Past Perfect: The Earlier Action; Perfect Tenses: Only When Necessary; Tense Sequence; The Subjunctive Mood; The Hypothetical Subjunctive; If… Then Constructs; The Command Subjunctive; Active and Passive Voice; Is Passive Voice Ever the Correct Answer?
8. Comparisons Like vs. As; Keep Comparisons Parallel; Omitted Words; Comparative and Superlative Forms
9. Idioms Using Your Ear: Spot – Extract – Replace; Idiom List
11. GM/S-V/Parallelism: Extra Concision: Specific Patterns of Wordiness; Concision: Don’t Make It Too Short; Parallelism: Concrete Nouns and Action Nouns; What Else Is Considered Parallel
12. Pronouns & Modifiers: Extra Other Pronouns; Placeholder It; Avoiding Pronouns Altogether; Nuances of Pronoun Reference; Modifiers: Exceptions to the Touch Rule; Possessive Nuances; Subgroup Modifiers; More on Relative Clauses vs. Participles; Absolute Phrases
13. Verbs & Comparisons: Extra Helping Verbs; Verbals: An Overview; Infinitives; Gerunds; Participles; When to Use Which Verbal or Verb; More on Like and As; Numbers in Comparisons; Other Comparison Constructions
14. Appendix A: Official Guide Problem Set Official Guide Problem Sets
15. Appendix B: Glossary Glossary
GMAT Sentence Correction Guide: Includes 6 Free Online Exams and More (Volume - 8)
The book summary and image may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
Book reviews are added by registered customers. They need not necessarily buy book.
These books are NOT available for reading online or for free download in PDF or ebook format.
Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or sourcing cost change for imported books.
www.infibeam.com/Books is the biggest online bookstore in India for sale of books at best price - fiction, literature, audiobooks, study guides, novels,
story books, rare books, textbooks and books by popular authors. These are available in various editions and bindings e.g. paperback and at best discount.